Friday, December 21, 2012

WHAT Question from America... What does your village look like?

WHAT Question from America...
What does your village look like?

My house
My new village is bigger (a lot bigger) than the training village but still small compared to others. I only have 500 people, including children, and it is probably stretched about 2 miles on the main road. There are other roads that go away from the main road but I have not ventured off too far up them yet. I have only gone up a few times to go to my family's plantation.

My family's compound is next to the main road and it is all lava rock. I am very lucky to be next to the main road, makes it easier to go into the village instead of locking myself up in my room blogging...
I am also lucky because my home gets water from the pipes. When I was walking to the plantation I saw two girls carrying buckets up the hill. I asked my sister what they were doing, she said they do not get water at home, their tank is down the hill closer to the main road.

My village is all lava rock but next to the sea. Some places are sandy close to my fale but there is a very nice beach only about a 10 minute walk from my home. Can you say spoiled?!

No comments:

Post a Comment