Saturday, December 22, 2012

Palagi World

Palagi World

Lynn and Tapu Ti are amazing! They live up the street from me and have such a fascinating life! She is from Idaho and he is from my village. She moved here with her family when she was very young and got married to Ti at the age of 16! They are now in their 60s and live in Samoa most of the year and America for 3 months or so. They have a big camping tailor attached to a fale and it looks like the tree-house from Swiss Family Robbinson! It is so beautiful and the view of the ocean from their home is breath taking! They have four-wheelers, a boat, snorkeling gear along with  fridges (with an S!), washing machine and a stove! All of their outlets are American and they are just SET! Whenever I visit she has something baked for me, whether it is muffins or cake it is always good! Lynn loves to make drinks too! GOOD DRINKS! Fresh juice or lemonade  Course she adds an extra ingredient for herself and I have still refrained since I got here but... the option is available if I want.
I call it my Palagi World because Palagi means white person in Samoa. I feel like I am on American turf when I enter their home, not to mention I get to have a REAL conversation with someone when I visit. I am very lucky to have them here to help guide me in the Samoan ways without any major miscommunication, not to mention new friends are ALWAYS fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment