Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baha'i Temple


Baha'i Temple

There are nine pathways into the temple
Feeling centered
















There are only 7 of these in the world, one on each geographic region and the one for Pacific Islands is here in Samoa! It was a beautiful ceremony! We went on Human's Rights Day so people read passages for the ceremony, Brad and I were asked to read one! I chose a passage from The Bhagavad Gita.
Brad and I going over our passages.
"Want not! Ask not! Find full reward of doing right in right! Let right deeds be thy motive, not the fruit which comes from them. And live in action! Labor! Make thine acts thy piety, casting all self aside, contemning gain and merit; equable in good or evil. Whoever settles a matter by violence is not just. The wise calmly considers what is right and what is wrong. Whoever guides others by a procedure that is nonviolent and fair is said to be a guardian of truth, wish and just. A person is not a supporter of justice simply because one talks much. Even if a person has learned little, whoever discerns justice with the body and does not neglect justice is a supporter of justice."
- The Bhagavad Gita- Chapter 2
Buddha- The Dhammapada: 19

A woman sang a chant and the echoing acoustics warmed my heart and almost made me tear up listening to it. I really connected with it and felt at peace the time I was there. I hope to be able to visit this temple more throughout my two years.
Chat for Difficulties
"Is there any remover of difficulties save God. Say praised be God. He is God. All are his servants and all abide by His bidding."
- The Bab From the Baha Holy Writings

No comments:

Post a Comment